About the Foundation
Bristol Sport Foundation (BSF) is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (Charity Number 1165410) and was registered on 3rd February 2016.
BSF facilitates new partnerships with charities and/or community groups and attracts new funding to enhance and expand their work. Encompassing Bristol Rugby Community Foundation, Bristol City Community Trust, Bristol Flyers Community and Bristol Jets Community. Bristol Sport Foundation works as the perfect vehicle to bring together Bristol Sport’s family of sports and existing community offerings.
WHAT WE DO:
BSF clearly identify groups of people in our Community that need support, we design outcome based programmes that enable people to make positive and informed lifestyle choices but we need your help to continue our life-changing work, please do not just READ these pages, GET IN CONTACT & GET INVOLVED!
BSF aims to balance the focus of participation; education; health and well-being and inclusion, disability and equality by providing bespoke programme that support clearly defined groups within the City of Bristol and the West of England to help people in need make more informed and positive life-choices.
- To promote community participation in healthy recreation by providing facilities for the playing of sports capable of improving health
- To provide and assist in providing facilities for sport, recreation or other leisure time occupation of such persons who have need for such facilities by reason of their youth, age infirmity or disablement, poverty or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving their conditions of life.
- To help and educate children and young people (including their academic, social and physical education and skills training) through sport, recreation, leisure time activities and such other means as the trustees think fit in accordance with charity law as to develop their physical, mental and spiritual capacities that they may reach their potential and grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
- For the general purposes of such charitable bodies or for such other exclusively charitable purposes in each case as the trustees may from time to time decide.
- For the purposes of the objects the term facilities shall include land, buildings, equipment and organising sports activities