Forever Sport harnesses the combined expertise and resources within the Bristol Sport stable of sports to provide a unique and comprehensive primary school physical education and sports coaching programme.
Delivered by coaches and players from Bristol Rugby Community Foundation, Bristol Flyers Community, Bristol City Women’s FC and Bristol City Community Trust the programme champions the use of a game-sensed approach to learning with a focus on fun and empowerment.
We advocate a two-coach model for our in-curriculum coaching to ensure a low pupil to coach ratio and to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our teacher mentoring.
- First class sports coaching covering teachers PPA time.
- Teacher mentoring through team teaching, comprehensive lesson plans and email support to help upskill and develop the confidence of primary school teachers to deliver outstanding PE.
- After-school clubs for KS1 and KS2 that are designed to be fun and active for all participants.
- Complimentary tickets for all after-school club attendees to see either Bristol City FC/Bristol City Women’s FC, Bristol Rugby or Bristol Flyers basketball. Accompanying adults receive a discount of over 60% on their tickets to see Bristol Rugby and Bristol City FC.
- Base-line testing and on-going physical literacy and fitness assessments using our We Love Sport syllabus.
- Readings Stars – a literacy support programme for young people in Years 1-6. Enhanced DBS cleared and fully trained volunteers visit the school for 1 hour (3 x 20min sessions) on a weekly basis to read with young people identified by the school as requiring literacy support.
- Professional player appearances at your school to help inspire the next generation of sports stars.
- Exclusive sports festivals for our partner schools to provide pupils with an opportunity to enjoy healthy competition.
- Complimentary tickets for school staff to enjoy nights out at Bristol Sport football, rugby and basketball fixtures.
If you are interested in the Forever Sport Programme, please contact:
Tom Monks, Primary School Manager at: email@example.com