Friday, April 21st, 2017
City head coach Lee Johnson met with the media ahead of tomorrow's Sky Bet Championship encounter with Barnsley at Ashton Gate (3pm).
Here’s what he had to say…
- Johnson reveals “a couple of niggles” in the camp that may require late decisions
- Aaron Wilbraham has suffered grade one medial knee ligament damage and will be sidelined for between four days and two weeks
- Milan Djuric is still feeling discomfort (hernia) having not featured since early March
- Mark Little suffered a hamstring complaint at Blackburn but has not yet been ruled out
- Gary O’Neil (hamstring) is rated 50/50, but Johnson admits the Barnsley game “could come too soon”
- Head coach unconcerned by prospect of depleted striking options, saying Jamie Paterson, Lee Tomlin and Bobby Reid can all slot in to support a centre-forward
- Johnson says of Paterson “the world is his oyster” should he maintain his current form
- Victory over Barnsley would take City to 51 points. “You’d like to think that would be enough but you never know. It’s always dangerous setting targets,” he adds
- Boss praises his former club for their recruitment of young players
- "It will be nice to see some friends from Barnsley but on the day it's all about the three points,” Johnson says
- Head coach targeting nine points from City’s three remaining fixtures and is determined to finish as high as possible
Listen to his pre-match press conference in full on Bristol City Player HD.