Wednesday, October 12nd, 2016
City head coach Lee Johnson met with the media ahead of Friday's Sky Bet Championship clash at Cardiff City.
Here’s what he had to say…
-Gustav Engvall trained today after picking up a knock with Sweden Under-21s
- Mark Little has returned to training after a hamstring complaint
- Adam Matthews and Korey Smith came through their appearance for the Under-23s fine
- Johnson happy with the competition for places within his squad
- Head coach also reveals a couple of his players are suffering with illness
- Johnson says Cardiff will be motivated because it's Neil Warnock's first game in charge
- Boss says "there's the sideshow of Neil's first game. Do I want to get involved in that? No"
- Johnson says the fixture excites him, adding: "It's a derby, under the lights and live on TV"
- City head coach not reading too much into Cardiff's lowly league position at this early stage in the season
- City chief says players who have come back from international duty have an extra spring in their step
- Johnson says Tammy Abraham has conquered every challenge thrown his way and can go as far as he wants
- Head coach says more of his players could secure international status if they continue to impress
Listen to his pre-match press conference in full on Bristol City Player HD.