Thursday, September 8th, 2016
City head coach Lee Johnson met with the media ahead of Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash with Rotherham United.
Here’s what he had to say…
- City boss enjoyed a trip to Marbella with his family in the international break
- Korey Smith could make the squad this weekend
- Johnson says he would have no issue throwing Smith - now back in full training - straight back in
- However, City boss wants to check on Smith to see that "he's right in his own mind"
- Tammy Abraham has undergone treatment for his during the international break
- Adam Matthews could return to training next week, but unlikely to be available versus Derby County
- Johnson kept in touch with his international players whilst on duty for their country
- Head coach keeping his cards close to his chest on whether Gustav Engvall will make his debut
- Johnson says he has given Joel Ekstrand a "mini pre-season" in the past month
- On Rotherham, the boss says he's determined to improve City's recent record
- Johnson admits to having sleepless nights over team selection now
Listen to his pre-match press conference in full on Bristol City Player HD.