Monday, September 12nd, 2016
City head coach Lee Johnson met with the media ahead of Tuesday’s Sky Bet Championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday.
Here’s what he had to say…
- Hordur Magnusson (head) and Callum O'Dowda (dead leg) should recover from injuries suffered on Saturday
- Johnson to take a 24-man squad to Hillsborough
- City had 75% possession and 35 shots at Rotherham, with Johnson saying: "I know the most important stat is the goals scored, but if we keep playing like that we'll win more than we lose"
- Head coach pleased with his improving side and says they will continue to get better
- "I'm really pleased with where we are at this stage of the season," Johnson said.
- Johnson says Saturday's errors were "genuine mistakes" made by players who have been excellent for the team
- Head coach says he loves Sheffield Wednesday as a team and believes Tuesday's encounter will be "a good marker"
- Johnson also enjoys trips to Hillsborough, "a place with real tradition"
- City boss predicts "a good game with lots of attacking play"
- Johnson admits his team need to start scoring first in games
- Lee Tomlin is one booking away from a suspension, which concerns the City head coach
Listen to his pre-match press conference in full on Bristol City Player HD.