We have an exciting new opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate as a Brand Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the brand development across the business resulting in clear brand guidelines and brand Identities.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal Candidate:
An experienced influencer with solid experience in branding, our ideal candidate will be passionate about creating and embedding new brand guidelines into our business.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Improving brand equity in order to positively influence loyalty and market share.
- Tracking the key drivers of portfolio performance, including financials marketing KPIs and competitor performance and use insights to develop course correction plans as appropriate to ensure targets are meet.
- Working with senior managers in the branding department to create new brand positioning.
- Establishing and overseeing a brand guardianship policy for service and corporate partnerships, media partnerships and advertising placement.
- Building Brand Equity; ensuring new brands are embedded within the organization, creating buy in from colleagues and consumers.
- Ensure brand marketing campaigns and marketing communications are produced to ensure the design and message meets the brand and regulatory guidelines
- Working with other senior managers in the branding department to monitor customer and supporter reactions to the brand through focus groups.
- Responsible for management of the Brand P&L.
- Working with other senior managers in the branding department to manage brand intelligence and analytics. This will involve the management and tracking of brand results, undertaking performance analysis of brand marketing work, diagnosing business drivers, recommending actions and maintaining and refining scalable, repeatable and comparable methods of measurement and performance tracking. Knowledge of Google Analytics (Portfolio Performance), Google AdWords (Financials & Competitor Performance), Hitwise (Competitor Performance) and Google Trends (Competitor & Market Performance) will be required.
- Working with the sales teams to define optimum growth channels for the brand
- Driving brand consistency across new product development; working closely with all key stakeholders and project owners to ensure they are fully supported through the brand development process.
- Lead a rolling brand educational programme to ensure all teams are fully equipped to deliver outstanding ‘brand’ experiences through their work and contribute to further optimisation of the overarching brand strategy.
- Line managing the brand executives; coaching and developing them to meet required standards.
What you need to be successful:
- A high level of experience in working in a brand focused environment with prior experience in all aspects of brand management as well as strong NPD development and launch experience.
- Be able to demonstrate successful leadership of a team, including; coaching, development and performance management.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills with the ability to use data to develop business strategies.
- High financial acumen, including P&L awareness
- Experience in BTL & ATL activation
- Be self-motivated, proactive and confident with the ability to influence key stakeholders and other departments.
- Be able to develop strategies which drive change.
- Be passionate about consumers and understanding of brands and the need for emotional connection with consumer.
- Be commercially savvy with a good understanding of drivers of profitability.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects to deadlines.
- Be personable with the ability to communicate effectively, influence actions and develop a respected support function to the business.
- Be resilient and able to rise to challenges.
- Background in sporting.
- High level of experience in FMCG.
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team please email a cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.