Casual Coffee Shop Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate as a Casual Coffee Shop Assistant
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver great customer service whilst serving a variety of hot/cold drinks along with preparing and serving food from the coffee shop menu.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will be barista trained or have worked in a food and beverage outlet. They will have a passion for food and beverage and pride themselves on delivering an outstanding service to all our customers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Prepare and serve hot beverages such as expresso, latte, flat white, tea and hot chocolate
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces and equipment as well as service areas
- Check food and equipment temperatures
- Describe menu items to customers and upsell when appropriate
- Cash handling
- Prepare and serve hot and cold foods such as muffins, salads and paninis
- Follow open and close procedures
- Wrap, label and date food items
- Build relationships with customers and help create a friendly atmosphere in the coffee shop
What you need to be successful:
- Positive attitude
- Some experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to work on your own
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- To be barista trained
- To have 1 years experience working in a similar environment
Hourly rate: £7.38/83
This is a 0 hours contract and the hours are expected to be 8-10 per week
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team please email a cover letter & CV to email@example.com with the title of the role in the subject header.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.