Casual Matchday Hospitality Operative
We have exciting new opportunities to join our hospitality team at Ashton Gate as a Casual Matchday Hospitality Operative.
The successful candidates will support the hospitality function, working in a range of locations across the stadium during Bristol City Football Club and Bristol Bears match days.
Successful candidates will be responsible for serving food and drinks, delivering quick and accurate service whilst upselling products and delivering a fun and friendly service that enhances the customer experience.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Personable and customer focused, our ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a busy hospitality environment, be able to build relationships with the team and clients, have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be willing to go the extra mile.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- To provide table service to guests across all events taking place in the stadium.
- Meeting customer needs by adapting to personal requirements.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Ensuring that the Restaurants, Kitchens and Store rooms are kept clean and tidy to Environmental Health standards
- Greeting and helping guests pre, during and post events.
- Completing relevant event set up and close down procedures to company standard.
- Complying with the company Health & Safety Policy at all times
- Other duties as required by the business.
What you need to be successful:
- Previous experience in a bar, waiting or front of house position.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work as a part of a team.
- Be 16+ (in compliance with National Labour Laws).
- To be able to work across weekends and evenings
If flexible working suits you and you would like to join the Ashton Gate team, please email a cover letter & CV to email@example.com.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidates must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.