Commercial Sales Executive
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate as a Commercial Sales Executive.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving revenue growth from new, existing and lapsed clients as well as driving memberships for the Lansdown Club. Creating tailored packages in response to customer needs and maximizing opportunities for maximum revenue delivery.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal candidate:
An experienced salesperson, our ideal candidate is tenacious and able to work in a fast paced, target driven environment. You will be able to effectively communicate and have excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Working with the Chief Commercial Officer to devise and execute a sponsorship and advertising strategy for your client portfolio
- Meeting and where possible exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Ensuring that all competitor leads are chased and followed up at all times
- Effectively negotiating the best price possible for every piece of business and working within the rate card pricing
- Cold calling and lead generation of prospective clients
- Creating and presenting effective presentations, showcasing Bristol Sport’s potential to maximum effect
- To fully understand and sell the Lansdown Business Membership effectively articulating its benefits to clients
What you need to be successful:
- Proven experience and results in sales (preferably in sales of intangible products)
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- A persuasive and consultative sales approach
- Great verbal and written communication
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Media sales experience
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team please email a cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 18th October 2019.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
Ashton Gate Ltd are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and workers to endorse this commitment.