Customer Service and Revenue Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate as a Customer Service and Revenue Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Customer Services department within Ashton Gate, developing strategic and operational plans and implementing strong people development approaches within the department.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal Candidate:
An experienced leader with the ability to drive results in a fast paced environment, develop and coach the customer services team and effectively manage change.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Through role model Leadership behaviour, the Customer Services and Revenue Manager will be accountable for the culture within the department, ensuring a collective desire to deliver market leading Customer Excellence.
- Pro-active development of strong relationships with Key Stakeholders, both within Customer Service and across the 11 brands of the organisation, ensuring clear communication and effective ways of working are developed and maintained.
- Undertake pricing and ticketing management, marketing analysis and forecasting.
- Ensuring delivery of ‘on target’ Operational Performance across the range of processing and administrative duties, ensuring customer and commercial KPIs are met at all times.
- Regularly seek feedback from both internal and external customers and ensure that this is used to drive improvements within the team and to our process design.
- Think outside the box and be able to challenge the industry status quo in service quality across all sports.
- Drive efficiencies through channel shift of ticket sales from phone to online.
- Create a measurable and pro active sales culture, introducing rewards for individual KPI’s.
- Create a “can do” attitude in supporter services and measure feedback to drive decision making on SOP’s.
- Work across all clubs within the BSL brand and ensure relevant stakeholders are included in planning and activation.
What you need to be successful:
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities, including; coaching and motivational skills
- Be able to demonstrate a personal drive to exceed targets
- Be self-motivated, proactive and confident with competent influencing skills
- Be personable with the ability to communicate effectively, influence actions and develop a respected support function to the business.
- Be highly organised and with good personal efficiency
- Be resilient and able to rise to challenges
- Be able to work under pressure with good decision making skills
- Previous Management experience within a Revenue Management or Customer Service environment.
- Must have worked in a structured measurable customer service environment and can illustrate improvements in both fan (customer) engagement and revenue (yield) growth
- Can create reports of business on the books an identify strategies to yield manage pace
- Be able to demonstrate experience of successful change management.
- Understanding of the business, industry and market
- Business process improvement experience
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team please email a cover letter & CV to email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.