We have an exciting new opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate in the role of Graphic Designer
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver fresh and innovative designs across a variety of print and digital platforms, ranging but not limited to brochures, newspapers adverts, direct mail leaflets and animated graphics. The successful candidate will also assist in pushing the boundaries of visuals used in social and digital media campaigns.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal candidate:
They are experienced in their area. They will have a positive and logical approach to all tasks as well as a proven attention to detail in a fast paced and target driven environment. This role requires a candidate that sees no boundaries and is motivated to reach any challenge presented to them.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- To interpret and deliver creative and innovative visual design across a range or media
- Create a range of concepts that develop ideas, constantly pushing the boundaries of design
- To see the design process through from brief to delivery, ensuring all sign off processes are followed in detail
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines in a fast paced and evolving environment
- To understand and work within the restrictions of external bodies (Football League, RFU etc)
- Adhere to brand guidelines at all times
- Know the difference between artwork set up requirements for digital and print output
- To work closely and have a voice within the brand team to develop new creative ideas that drive the business forward
- To be able to create motion graphic advertisements
What you need to be successful:
- Educated to degree level in Graphic design OR 2-3 years industry experience
- Must have solid working knowledge of the Adobe suite & After Effects/Premier Pro.
- Proven experience in working with a variety of media
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time
- Excellent communication skills to interpret and understand briefs from stakeholders
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs
- Show passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair
- To have a portfolio that demonstrates your flexibility with media and design
- Experience working in a sporting environment, large multi-use venue or multi brand agency
To apply for this role please email a selection from your portfolio in a format suitable for PC along with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline December 20th 2018.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.