Hospitality Bar Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate as a Bar Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for effectively managing all event bars across the stadium. They will be expected to deliver the best products using a team of casual staff and effectively manage and deliver challenging GP targets along with excellent customer service.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will be experienced in managing multiple event bars at anyone time. They will have a excellent knowledge of all liquor/bar products and have an in-depth understanding of how to manage bars front and back of house. Our ideal candidate with have experience in managing a team of casual staff as well as experience in line managing permanent employees. They will have a passion for developing staff to ensure the highest quality service is given and will have an understanding of managing gp and payroll costs.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Line managing a stock controller
- Hiring and manage casual staff
- Developing and delivering a training programme to ensure fantastic customer service and deliver upselling techniques
- Enhancing the products on offer through supplier relationships
- Surprise and delight our fans and clients through ‘out the box thinking’
- Manage all set up and break down of bars for any event or match day to SOP
- Hit gross profit targets monthly
- Deliver on set payroll targets
- To ensure all health and safety and EHO standards are meet to the highest standard at all times
- To work alongside the Hospitality catering team to ensure all functions run smoothly
What you need to be successful:
- To bring an infectious enthusiasm to the workplace
- To be knowledgeable on all bar product
- To have proven experience of managing event bars
- To be able to work flexible shift patterns
- To have aspirations to go beyond the advertised role
- Experience in managing gross profit figures
- Ability to stay cool under pressure
- Some people management experience
- To have worked in a similar role previously.
- To have worked as a manager for 2 years
Salary: £20-21k doe
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team please email a cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the role in the subject header.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.