We have an exciting new opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate as a Hospitality Manager.
With a good knowledge of contract catering, a passion for 5 star service and customer experience, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talent, managerial skills and develop within a growing business
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience in managing and running catered events. They will be confident in managing large teams and be able to effectively manage staff to deliver a 5* service. They must have a proactive, positive attitude and have a natural ability to preform under pressure. The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in a large conference venue, hotel or other large catering environment. They will be looking to take ownership of a department and showcase their ability to manage and deliver excellent service in any event.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Support the core meeting and events operation
- Support the delivery of all hospitality services including functions, events and match day
- Supervise teams to provide an efficient, 5 star services providing any training and coaching as required
- Provide support to the Catering Operations Manager, ensuring consistent service levels are delivered daily as per customer and client requirements
- Adopt a customer focused, hands on approach during service times.
- Lead the organisation of high profile functions and events, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the hospitality function with the input of the Catering Operations Manager and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary within the catering department.
- To manage the recruitment of the hospitality team
What you need to be successful:
- Previous catering and hospitality experience, ideally from a contract catering, hotel, or equivalent environment
- Experience of supervising teams to deliver a great service
- Demonstrable background and knowledge of delivering high end services and food
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Flexible to manage events and functions outside of normal working hours
- Will have people management experience
- To have worked in a similar role previously.
- To have proven management experience
Salary: £25-30k doe
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team please email a cover letter & CV to email@example.com with the title of the role in the subject header.
Closing date for applications is 26th October 2018
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.