Hospitality Sales Executive
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate as a Hospitality Sales Executive.
The successful candidate will be responsible fordriving revenue growth from new, existing and lapsed clients as well as supporting commercial revenue targets. You will have a natural ability to build professional relationships with a variety of clients.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal candidate:
An experienced salesperson, our ideal candidate is tenacious and able to work in a fast paced, target driven environment. You will be able to effectively communicate and have excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Reporting into the Hospitality Sales Manager
- Maintaining a professional and positive attitude at all times
- Responsible for ensuring existing relationships are effectively account managed to drive client retention and growth
- Pro-actively source new business leads
- Responsible for seasonal box renewals and building a pipeline of potential new box business
- Supporting the retention and growth of seasonal hospitality bookers
- To create appointments/customer show rounds with new and existing business
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with key accounts
- To achieve quarterly target revenue (TBC)
- Working as a team striving to exceed the overall hospitality budget
- Source new leads, generate sales contacts, pitch clients and close business
- To ensure every hospitality client is aware of the range of commercial opportunities available to them
- Handling enquiries, sales administration, general correspondence and liaising with the finance department when required
- Attend weekly sales strategy meetings bringing updates and new ideas to support the growth of the business
- Respond to enquiries within a timely manor
- Ensure all enquiries are entered into E500 to build future pipeline and resolicitation
What you need to be successful:
- Proven experience and results in sales
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- A persuasive and consultative sales approach
- Great verbal and written communication
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- To have worked in a similar environment
Salary - £22-25k doe
This role will require some evening and weekend work.
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team please email a cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.