Team Member - Hospitality Operations
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our team at Ashton Gate as a Team Member - Hospitality Operations.
The successful candidate will be expected to take direction from the team leaders and supervisors in order to carry out set up/ close down procedures, deliver food and beverage during events and generally deliver a fantastic customer experience throughout all events.
About Ashton Gate:
Working for Ashton Gate Stadium means you are part of a unique sports and entertainment business.
The 27,000-seater stadium is the beating heart of professional sport in Bristol. Home to Championship side Bristol City FC; Premiership Rugby team the Bristol Bears and Bristol Sport; it is also the largest conference and events centre in the South West hosting many of the biggest and most prestigious business conferences and gala dinners in the region.
Ashton Gate forms part of Stephen Lansdown’s sporting group of companies which includes Bristol Sport; Bristol City; Bristol Bears; Bristol Flyers Basketball and each of their respective community charities which are all based at Ashton Gate. Bristol Sport was founded in 2012 to inspire sport in Bristol and beyond.
At Ashton Gate, we are OneTeam. We take pride in working together to deliver the best stadium experience possible.
Community, honesty and integrity sits at the heart of everything we do and we are always looking to challenge ourselves, share best practice and act with humour and humility.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will be hard working, proactive and with an eye for detail. They will be able to take instruction well and have confidence to work from their own initiative when needed. The ideal candidate will be experienced in waiting tables and bar service and will be able to deliver great customer service to all guests.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- To provide table/buffet service to guests across all events taking place in the stadium.
- To have a good understanding of the stadium and the range of events, to understand function sheets and the needs of the business in order to be able to work on own initiative.
- To have strong product knowledge across all food and drink served at the stadium and advise guests on the menus according to their specific needs.
- To handle cash and credit card transactions.
- To ensure that the Restaurants, Kitchens and Store rooms are kept clean and tidy.
- To greet and deal with guests pre, during and post events.
- To complete relevant event set up and close down procedures on a daily basis to company standard.
- Reporting to your supervisor, you will manage and support small teams in carrying out the above duties.
- To work shifts as the work schedule requires and attend regular team meetings and training.
- To comply with the company Health & Safety Policy.
- Other duties as required by the business.
What you need to be successful:
- To have experience working in a similar environment (Restaurant, bar, hotel or events venue).
- Proactive & motivated.
- Well presented individual who is use to working in a front of house environment.
- To be aged 18 and over (this role will require the sale of alcohol).
- To be flexible with working patterns.
- To have worked in a sporting venue.
- Ideally to have 1 years experience in a similar role.
If you would like to get involved and join the Ashton Gate team please email a cover letter & CV to email@example.com with the title of the role in the subject header.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.