About the Foundation
Bristol Sport Foundation (BSF) is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (Charity Number 1165410) and was registered on 3rd February 2016.
Bristol Sport Foundation facilitates new partnerships with charities, not-for-profit organisations and community groups in order to attract new funding to enhance and expand their work. Encompassing Bristol Rugby Community Foundation, Bristol City Community Trust, Bristol Flyers Community and Bristol Jets Community. Bristol Sport Foundation works as the perfect vehicle to bring together Bristol Sport’s family of sports and existing community offerings.
WHAT WE DO:
BSF identifies cohorts of people in the Greater Bristol community in need of support. We design outcome-based programmes that help people make positive and informed lifestyle choices. We need your help to grow and develop our life-changing work and so please do not just read these pages, get in contact and make a difference in someone's life...
BSF aims to balance the focus of programmes across sporting participation; sports based education; health and well-being and inclusion, disability and equality to support clearly defined groups within the City of Bristol and the West of England.
- To promote community participation in healthy recreation by providing facilities for the playing of sports capable of improving health
- To provide and assist in providing facilities for sport, recreation or other leisure time occupation of such persons who have need for such facilities by reason of their youth, age infirmity or disablement, poverty or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving their conditions of life.
- To help and educate children and young people (including their academic, social and physical education and skills training) through sport, recreation, leisure time activities and such other means as the trustees think fit in accordance with charity law as to develop their physical, mental and spiritual capacities that they may reach their potential and grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
- For the general purposes of such charitable bodies or for such other exclusively charitable purposes in each case as the trustees may from time to time decide.
- For the purposes of the objects the term facilities shall include land, buildings, equipment and organising sports activities