Banner image

Find out what do our riders and sponsors, past and present, say about Break The Cycle. 

Dear Paul, I just wanted to email to say thank you to you and all the organisers for a fantastic day on Sunday - great organisation, really good feed stops and a beautiful route (although the Bath loop was not a patch on the Welsh side, but I hear you may ditch that part and go further into Wales next year? That would be great).

Great marshalling and everyone was so friendly and encouraging - all the Clarke Willmott team really enjoyed it. Planning to be back next year and hopefully with a bigger team! Thank you very much and hope to ride with you again some time.

Kate Gardner - 2017 Clarke Willmott Team Rider

The Clarke Wilmott Team at mile 70

Hi Paul, I hope you have recovered from Sunday, I haven't. Just wanted to once again thank you for a great event. I thought the organisation and stewardship was first class and a big pat on the back to you and your colleagues.

Ross, Paul and Jonny - 2017 BTC Riders

I wanted to thank Bristol Sport for yet another excellent Break the Cycle. The work that Ben and Paul, as well as a significant number of others from Bristol Sport and supporters, put into it is fantastic. We're looking forward to the event in 2018 and are proud of our association both with Bristol Sport and the Foundation, which extends to the Lansdown Club, Reading Stars and of course, season ticket holders. It was great to see everyone going home with their Bond Dickinson goody bags.

The route this year was much better than last year and with exemplary organisation. Everyone was well drilled both at AG and along the route.

Jonathan Bower - Bond Dickinson LLP - Sponsor and Rider

The ride into Bath and back was lovely. Sun was still coming up, the views were beautiful and the company excellent. The Wye Valley though was a completely different beast and is completely unforgiving. The first ascent towards St Briavels was long and painful. Of course, after every climb there is a descent. Free-wheeling down through the valley is stunning. There’s no other way of putting it.

On a positive note, we’ve raised just over £1,300 for the Bristol Sport Foundation. Our initial target was £250, which we then amended to £1k. To surpass this is wonderful. Thank you so much to everyone that gave a donation. You are helping to improve the lives of so many people in the Bristol area, from getting disadvantaged kids to become involved in sport to keeping the elderly active through walking football/rugby initiatives. You are improving the lives of people with severe learning disabilities and helping those who suffer with Alzheimer’s and dementia to share and enjoy their memories.

Mark Hutton - Daikin UK Team Rider