Bristol Sport Foundation
The Bristol Sport Foundation (BSF) promotes, funds and develops sport-based community programming on behalf of Bristol Bears Community Foundation, Bristol Flyers Community Basketball, Bristol Jets Community Badminton, Robins Foundation and the Bristol Sport Foundation itself.
The Foundation uses a combination of grant funding, donations, fundraising activities and revenue in return for services. BSF is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (charity number 1165410) and was registered on February 3rd, 2016.
Bristol Sport Foundation facilitates new partnerships with charities, local and national business, not-for-profit organisations and community groups in order to attract new funding to enhance and expand their work and the work of the group.
Bristol Sport Foundation also looks to design and develop new programme/opportunities that individual charities cannot to create unique interventions that combine all of the sporting assets available to it.
WHAT WE DO:
BSF identifies people in Greater Bristol and the West of England in need of support. We design outcome-based programmes that help people make positive and informed lifestyle choices. BSF aims to balance the focus of programmes across the four pillars of:
- Health & well-being
- Inclusion, disability and equality
OUR CHARITABLE OBJECTIVES:
- To promote community participation in healthy recreation by providing facilities for the playing of sports capable of improving health
- To provide and assist in providing facilities for sport, recreation or other leisure time occupation of such persons who have need for such facilities by reason of their youth, age infirmity or disablement, poverty or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving their conditions of life.
- To help and educate children and young people (including their academic, social and physical education and skills training) through sport, recreation, leisure time activities and such other means as the trustees think fit in accordance with charity law as to develop their physical, mental and spiritual capacities that they may reach their potential and grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
- For the general purposes of such charitable bodies or for such other exclusively charitable purposes in each case as the trustees may from time to time decide.
- For the purposes of the objects the term facilities shall include land, buildings, equipment and organising sports activities