To get started, supporters should download the relevant App, and use the Augmented Reality (AR) functionality to scan the current club crest (this can be found on a shirt, on the website etc.) from 12pm each day. Take part to be in with the chance to win a signed shirt, get a discount in the Bristol Sport Store and more!
To download your preferred App:
- Go to the ‘App Store’ on an iPhone, or ‘Google Play Store’ on any other devices
- Search for ‘Bristol City’, ‘Bristol Bears’ or ‘Bristol Flyers’ – whichever is your preference
- Download the App – you will need at least 108.2mb of space available for this
How to use AR:
- Open the official club App
- From the home screen, scroll down to ‘AR SCAN’ on the Bristol City or Bristol Flyers App or on the Bristol Bears App this can be found via the homepage. Simply click on the icon in the top left-hand corner of the page and scroll down to ‘SCAN’
- Click ‘get started’ if prompted, otherwise hover your camera over the club crest wherever you find it, tap the screen and the camera will lock in
- A video will play back on your screen where the crest appeared
How to submit content via Fan Challenges:
As part of Bristol Sport’s Christmas Countdown, supporters will be asked to send in photos or videos – with the exact theme to be described in that day’s video – once the club crest has been scanned via AR! If prompted to use the Fan Challenge, here’s what to do:
- From the home screen of the official club App, scroll down to Fan Challenges
- Click ‘Challenge: xx’ and tap ‘Respond’
- On the next screen upload a photo or video (already taken or you can make photo/ video from this point)
- Give it a caption and select ‘done’
- Now fill out the ‘title’ and ‘description’ text boxes, click ‘submit’
- If the ‘Post Review’ screen pops up, click ‘submit’. Ensure the included media is selected, but there is no need to select ‘compress media’
- All submitted media will be reviewed and relevant winners will be contacted in due course
Please note that submitted media is not made public and can’t be viewed by other App users.
We hope you have fun exploring the App during the festive period and wish you a very happy Christmas.